Great article on the costs of raw feeding
Kitten pouches cost around £3 for 12 x 100g, this 6 month old kitten would need at least 4 of those a day.
£1 per day minimum for food
However, he is raw fed and many people fear that they would not be able to afford to raw feed their pets.
Every 10 days a fresh batch of food is made up and frozen, this contains:
- 3lbs of raw mince with bone, 3 different types of meat I.e. pheasant, rabbit & beef
- 1 free range organic egg
- finely chopped fresh organic veg
- finely chopped fresh organic dandelion leaves
- herbs: seaweed, garlic & turmeric
- oils: cold pressed coconut & olive
- Apple cider vinegar
This is split into pots to which liver and a chicken wing is added & then they are frozen.
Each morning one is taken out and defrosted for the next day.
Around 50p per day
View original post 27 more words